The Reptar Wagon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Partners
Daily Poll

The Powerpuff Girls returning!

4 posters

Go down

The Powerpuff Girls returning! Empty The Powerpuff Girls returning!

Post  Rocko Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Yes! The classic show on Cartoon Network is coming back!

Source from http://perezhilton.com/2013-02-02-powerpuff-girls-special-aired-later-this-year-ringo-starr-appearance#.UQ6qLaXEYTY

~It a reunion of illustrated proportions!
After almost a decade of being gone, Cartoon Network has announced that The Powerpuff Girls will be a part of their line-up this year in a special!
According to the Network:
“The trio of pint-sized super heroines will be called upon to rescue not just the city of Townsville, but the USA and the world!”
The best part is that the original voice cast will all be doing their original roles, so it will sound just like the old days.
As if that wasn’t enough to geek over, Ringo Starr will also be performing two songs: I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl and Townsville’s most famous flamboyant mathematician Fibonacci Sequins.
Wow! Pretty creative titles!
The picture (above) was leaked as the artwork for the special, but Cartoon Network hasn’t confirmed.
It seems a bit choppy to be the real image, but whatevs, we’re just happy our favorite supergirl trio is baaccckkkk!~

Second source: http://www.avclub.com/articles/cartoon-network-revives-the-powerpuff-girls-kills,91743/
~Like an ADD-addled God, Cartoon Network giveth and Cartoon Network taketh away, with the channel quietly announcing via its newly released lineup that—in addition to losing Star Wars: The Clone Wars, probably to an inevitable new home at Disney—both Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series are finishing their respective runs, while also offering the possible salve that The Powerpuff Girls are coming back. For those whose superhero proclivities run toward a deeper, more traditional strain of nostalgia, the death of the modern spins on the Justice League and Green Lantern mythology will undoubtedly be a disappointment. But for ’90s kids just now becoming aware of their own mortality, perhaps they’ll be momentarily distracted by the return of Craig McCracken’s eyeballs in adorable dresses, in their first adventure since 2005, in a special featuring a guest role—and original song—from Ringo Starr? Or, maybe not, considering the special is billed as a “redesigned and reimagined” Powerpuff Girls, featuring the original voice actors but not McCracken nor any of his creative team, and rendered in brand-new CG that may look like this. Indeed, lots of mixed feelings today.~

Third source: http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/powerpuff-girls-are-coming-back.html
~The long-defunct Powerpuff Girls will be resurrected, Cartoon Network has announced. Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, who've been off the air since 2005, will appear in a new special this year that gives them and the rest of the residents of Townsville a "redesigned and re-imagined" CG look and introduces a new character named Fibonacci Sequins, voiced by Ringo Starr. Yes, he is the town mathematician. Come for the adorable stories of empowerment and genre satire, stay for the math jokes!~

So, what do you think? Like it? Hate it? I, myself, hate that they are going with CGI instead of the classic 2D. But I am glad they are bringing this classic back in a brand new special!

-Rocko
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

http://iamreptarhearmeroar.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

The Powerpuff Girls returning! Empty Re: The Powerpuff Girls returning!

Post  astoldbynostalgia Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Well, I was a huge fan of PPG when I was little so I am excited to see how this turns out. I also think they should have stuck with the original animation style. Do you know if all the original VA's will be returning?
astoldbynostalgia
astoldbynostalgia

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:58 pm

astoldbynostalgia wrote:Well, I was a huge fan of PPG when I was little so I am excited to see how this turns out. I also think they should have stuck with the original animation style. Do you know if all the original VA's will be returning?

I've read somewhere that all the original three Powerpuff Girls will indeed be returning for the special. I don't know about the others, but I hope they would return to their characters.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Seriously? I knew it was coming back but its going to be CGI? Ew...

The PPG looked horrible in that PS2 game, I can only imagine how bad they would look on tv. Cause you know its going to be cheap looking.

But then again, I also complained about them switching to digital animation...so maybe my argument is invalid scratch
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Klotzilla wrote:Seriously? I knew it was coming back but its going to be CGI? Ew...

The PPG looked horrible in that PS2 game, I can only imagine how bad they would look on tv. Cause you know its going to be cheap looking.

But then again, I also complained about them switching to digital animation...so maybe my argument is invalid scratch

Yeah, this cartoon needs to return in 2D animation form. Have you seen the anime series? Hopefully it also won't come back as that! o.O I'm afraid if they bring it back, it just won't be the same...

And I rented that game once, I have to agree on that. It's like bringing Mickey Mouse back in CGI, which really happened, and look at how that turned out. I've heard that The Powerpuff Girls is only going to be a special, so maybe that's okay. But I wouldn't want the regular series (if it returns) to come back in CGI. One thing though, I'm excited for Ringo's character! I do wonder though... is Mojo jojo coming back?

Plus... is Dexter coming back? O.O

-Rocko
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Powerpuff Girls returning! Empty I am really odd.

Post  Rugratskid4 Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:06 pm

As a boy I really wasn't the biggest fan of he show, but liked it. I will tune in to see what they are gonna do for voices, etc.
Rugratskid4
Rugratskid4

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Mojo Jojo is like, the main villian. It would be pretty illogical to not bring him back. I want to see the Gang Green Gang back, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

As for the anime...I died a little watching it. I think what annoyed me the most was the pacing of the show. it was too fast. I also got tired of hearing the girls repeat their names like 4 times a transformation. I get it. I know who you are Razz
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Rugratskid4 wrote:As a boy I really wasn't the biggest fan of he show, but liked it. I will tune in to see what they are gonna do for voices, etc.

I wonder if E.G Daily will reprise her role along with the others? She might not can do it if she is too busy working on a possible Rugrats revival. Wink

Klotzilla wrote:Mojo Jojo is like, the main villian. It would be pretty illogical to not bring him back. I want to see the Gang Green Gang back, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

As for the anime...I died a little watching it. I think what annoyed me the most was the pacing of the show. it was too fast. I also got tired of hearing the girls repeat their names like 4 times a transformation. I get it. I know who you are Razz

I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T bring him back. I like the Gang Gang Gang.

Was there any reason why they did that? Was it supposed to be a revival? Pretty lacking, I have to say.

But little off-topic, the worst revivals I ever saw would be SpongeBob and Ren & Stimpy. The R&S Adult Party Cartoon was just terrible to me.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm not really sure myself. I don't think it was meant to be a revival, but I dunno. I will give the show credit though, some of the character designs were pretty cool. In still frame. Moving they are kinda hideous.

Hopefully this special won't feel as fast paced as The PPG Rule. It was an ok special, but would have been better if they just slowed down a little.
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Klotzilla wrote:I'm not really sure myself. I don't think it was meant to be a revival, but I dunno. I will give the show credit though, some of the character designs were pretty cool. In still frame. Moving they are kinda hideous.

Hopefully this special won't feel as fast paced as The PPG Rule. It was an ok special, but would have been better if they just slowed down a little.

Wasn't it also only released in Japan?

Oh, you remember that episode that CN supposedly banned because of the bright fast pace flashing?
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:33 pm

According to wikipedia, the English dub was only aired in the Philippines for some reason. Other than that, it was only in Japan.

And yeah, I know what episode you are talking about. It's that awful See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey episode. I'm still disappointed that they couldn't get Jack Black to voice the gnome. It might have been slightly better Razz

Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Klotzilla wrote:According to wikipedia, the English dub was only aired in the Philippines for some reason. Other than that, it was only in Japan.

And yeah, I know what episode you are talking about. It's that awful See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey episode. I'm still disappointed that they couldn't get Jack Black to voice the gnome. It might have been slightly better Razz

English dub? Did the original cast return, I wonder? I'll have to dig up some information on that.

Least I'm not the only one who thought it was pretty bad. Razz I don't know what they were thinking, honestly, when they made it.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Nope, none of the original voices I don't think. You can find the english dub online easily.
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Klotzilla wrote:Nope, none of the original voices I don't think. You can find the english dub online easily.

None of the original voices? That kinda sucks. Do they even sound the same? O.o Yeah, I'm going to watch it right now.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down