The Reptar Wagon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Partners
Daily Poll

New Petition for Rugrats DVDs!

2 posters

Go down

New Petition for Rugrats DVDs!  Empty New Petition for Rugrats DVDs!

Post  Rocko Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:15 pm

~In the 1970s and the 1980s, Nickelodeon began as a channel that broadcasted programming imported from the likes of Canada and the UK, and eventually began syndicating programming from the United States, eventually getting their own programming, and in 1991, started airing their own cartoons, Rugrats being one of them, but it wasn't as popular as it became during its first run, so Klasky-Csupo ended production.

Surprisingly in between the years that "Rugrats" first went out of production, with Nickelodeon airing reruns of shows that have ended their run or have been cancelled, the ratings skyrocketed the channel and of course, this was at a time where Nickelodeon was coming to an end and fortunately for them, the reruns of this particular show not only saved the channel, but made it the "Number 1 Kids Network" of the 1990s, making Klasky-Csupo want to return to the show, and produce more episodes, and even get a theatrical movie based off of the TV show to be produced.

Of course, the movie did extremely well at the box office, with a budget of £24 million dollars, and grossed $140,894,675 in 1998. Following this was the show's heavy merchandise market, two sequels, two spinoffs, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame to commemorate the show's success amongst Nickelodeon and the show's creators, and was the longest-running cartoon on Nickelodeon, until "SpongeBob SquarePants" beat that record.

A question for a long time that remains is, why hasn't this show been released on DVD?!And they're absolutely within their right to ask that, seeing as "Rugrats" was a raging success back in the 1990s and the early 2000s, and with the constant nostalgia demand for shows of Nick's retro era to be put back on TV, or to be released on DVD, I think now more than ever is the perfect time. Shout! Factory has shown interest in releasing the show on DVD, but the only thing standing in its way is Nickelodeon, for some reason, Nick(which is your company) won't give them the rights as of now, and we're here to tell you that there's still demand out there for "Rugrats"related things, and the one thing we would like you to do as of now is release this masterpiece of a cartoon on DVD, please. ~

It would be such a big help if you could sign this petition! Let's bring out some good Rugrats DVDs! You can sign it here at... http://www.change.org/petitions/nickelodeon-1515-broadway-new-york-10036-allow-shout-factory-to-release-rugrats-on-dvd

Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

http://iamreptarhearmeroar.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

New Petition for Rugrats DVDs!  Empty Re: New Petition for Rugrats DVDs!

Post  astoldbynostalgia Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Signed! And I agree, the show really needs to be released on DVD..with special features, commentaries, etc. They released DVDs of the show on Amazon a few years ago but it was just the episodes..and literally nothing else. I also heard that the quality wasn't too great either. Rugrats deserves a proper release!
astoldbynostalgia
astoldbynostalgia

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:50 pm

astoldbynostalgia wrote:Signed! And I agree, the show really needs to be released on DVD..with special features, commentaries, etc. They released DVDs of the show on Amazon a few years ago but it was just the episodes..and literally nothing else. I also heard that the quality wasn't too great either. Rugrats deserves a proper release!

No, the quality wasn't good at all. Just average, a little below what you see on TV. I believe one season was even cut in half. And worst of all, it had AWFUL sound. I think Shout should release the seasons again, with tons of bonus features, trailers, commentary, etc. Do a transfer from the master tapes, so it will be the best quality, and find the best possible source of sound, and if they can, remix it to 7.1 surround sound. They seem to be doing pretty well with other classic shows though.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

http://iamreptarhearmeroar.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down