The Reptar Wagon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Partners
Daily Poll

A Rugrats Revival!

4 posters

Go down

A Rugrats Revival! Empty A Rugrats Revival!

Post  Rocko Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:34 am

From 1991-2004, a show called Rugrats(which people growing up during the 90s will be familiar with) dominated the Nickelodeon network and there was loads of merchandise, and 3 movies based on the show were released in 1998, 2000 and 2003 in theaters worldwide. Everybody knew who the characters were, and could identify with what it was like to be young, and they are still popular worldwide to this day.

Sounds good, right? Not exactly! The show got cancelled in 2004 due to not the show's ratings, but network stupidity. Ever since, Nickelodeon has tried to not acknowledge the existence of Rugrats and focus more on other programs, like "SpongeBob SquarePants".

What's even worse is that ever since the departure of Nickelodeon's well-loved animated classic is that the network started to go down the drain, and things haven't been the same since. Taking Rugrats away from Nickelodeon is EXACTLY like FOX taking away The Simpsons. They have done a lot for Nickelodeon and Nickelodeon have a lot to thank them for, and also for years, they've made us happy, it's about time we made the Rugrats and it's staff happy by helping to revive this show, for the sake of the children and 90's kids who watched it when they were little!

Another thing is: Rugrats wasn't JUST a kids show! It was for the whole family, there are several jokes and references that adults wouldn't get(not raunchy ones. But like for example, the Godfather joke in Rugrats in Paris). It was basically The Simpsons, but with less adult jokes in, but a few subtle ones for adults to laugh at...

So on May 2nd, 2011, we the Rugrats fanbase decided to start up a revival campaign, that has since been going strong and becoming slightly more successful in the process and we hope it continues to, to this day!

Let's bring the babies back! Interested? Good! Join us at... https://www.facebook.com/officialbringbackrugratspage/info

Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

http://iamreptarhearmeroar.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

A Rugrats Revival! Empty em

Post  spongebobfantic13 Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 pm

hopefully dil & kimi don't come back,they ruined the show for me...I want rugrats to return,but with the classic style!

spongebobfantic13

Back to top Go down

A Rugrats Revival! Empty Re: A Rugrats Revival!

Post  Rocko Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:00 am

rugratslover91 wrote:hopefully dil & kimi don't come back,they ruined the show for me...I want rugrats to return,but with the classic style!

They didn't ruin the show for me. It kept true to the original format, unlike SpongeBob SqaurePants. Watch the later seasons of that and you'll think the later seasons of Rugrats are gold.

-Rocko
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugratskid4 Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 am

I like Kimi, but Dil was annyoing at times. Not all the time, just ocassionally. I's like to see Kimi and Dil some back with the rest od the crew. And why did Susie have a lack of episodes? Tommy Pickles (That's one epic emoticon!)
Rugratskid4
Rugratskid4

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:12 am

Rugratskid4 wrote:I like Kimi, but Dil was annyoing at times. Not all the time, just ocassionally. I's like to see Kimi and Dil some back with the rest od the crew. And why did Susie have a lack of episodes? Tommy Pickles (That's one epic emoticon!)

(One epic emoticon that's too small!) Dil wasn't too bad, although, he was very terrible in All Grown Up. I would like to both see Kimi and Dil come back. It would just ruin the canon of the show if they pick up where they left off, without them. I love your avatar, by the way!
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugratskid4 Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 am

Thanks! SpongeBob It would be sad if Kimi and Dil were killed off.
Rugratskid4
Rugratskid4

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:45 am

Rugratskid4 wrote:Thanks! SpongeBob It would be sad if Kimi and Dil were killed off.

It would be even worse if they did it, with NO mention of them, whatsoever.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyPickles Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 am

rugratslover91 wrote:hopefully dil & kimi don't come back,they ruined the show for me...I want rugrats to return,but with the classic style!

I do feel like most people only hate the later episodes because of the "additional" characters. Actually, watch "Tales from the Crib", and they are a bit more like the older episodes mixed with the later episodes. But at least, it never flanderized the character's personalities, became overly mean-spirited and used shock value for its humour.

TommyPickles
Admin
Admin

https://thereptarwagon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:47 am

TommyPickles wrote:

I do feel like most people only hate the later episodes because of the "additional" characters. Actually, watch "Tales from the Crib", and they are a bit more like the older episodes mixed with the later episodes. But at least, it never flanderized the character's personalities, became overly mean-spirited and used shock value for its humour.

I agree. Rugrats never felt like it was off the line, not once. Yeah, the show grew, but it never became a parody of it's self. It never jumped the shark. The characters are still the characters, unlike one other show. SpongeBob

Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Rugrats Revival! Empty They are coming back after all..

Post  Rugratskid4 Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:48 pm

So, I saw this on the "A Baby's Gotta Do What A Baby's Gotta Do!(Rugrats: A Comeback!)" Facebook page. This is one of the best things Nickelodeon has done in years!
Rugratskid4
Rugratskid4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down