The Reptar Wagon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Partners
Daily Poll

All Grown Up...What Went Wrong?

5 posters

Go down

All Grown Up...What Went Wrong? Empty All Grown Up...What Went Wrong?

Post  Klotzilla Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:49 am

Yes, seemingly the most hated thing to come out of the Rugrats universe. Now, personally, I think I am one of the very few people who actually enjoyed the show. To an extent. I'm kind of curious as to why people really hate this show and what aspects ruined it.

I can tell you one thing, Angelica made me want to headbutt a hole in the wall...
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

All Grown Up...What Went Wrong? Empty Re: All Grown Up...What Went Wrong?

Post  Rocko Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:31 am

Klotzilla wrote:Yes, seemingly the most hated thing to come out of the Rugrats universe. Now, personally, I think I am one of the very few people who actually enjoyed the show. To an extent. I'm kind of curious as to why people really hate this show and what aspects ruined it.

I can tell you one thing, Angelica made me want to headbutt a hole in the wall...

I joke about this show being back, but I like it too. It's not perfect, but I heard this was the reason Rugrats got canceled. I don't know if that is true or not, but I don't know why Nick would abandon Rugrats for that. I still think Chuckie should of mentioned Melville in All Grown Up.

Least the show kept canon with the original.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

http://iamreptarhearmeroar.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:32 am

I've seen some pretty scathing comments about it.

I actually really liked that camping episode with the ghost XP
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Klotzilla wrote:I've seen some pretty scathing comments about it.

I actually really liked that camping episode with the ghost XP

I like the episode where they go to the waterpark and lose the grandfather. Razz It always cracks me up.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:39 pm

I will say, I did not particularly like the special they had to introduce it. It was that anniversary special and the babies hid in the closet and something about the fan being a time machine.

Yeah...I might have to watch it again, but I remember first seeing it and not liking it
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  OSLPatricia Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:59 pm

I reviewed All Grown Up! a few days ago on my blog about my feelings about the show.

oldschoollane.blogspot.com
OSLPatricia
OSLPatricia

http://oldschoollane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyPickles Wed May 01, 2013 11:48 am

I think this show would have been better, had it NOT been the RR characters. As a standalone show, it is decent(but I do think that it got slightly mildly mean-spirited in later seasons. Not to the extent of SpongeBob, but let's just say: I am not too fond of when Tommy told someone to go and jump off of a cliff. Even his AGU personna, it's out of character. Still, I'd rather watch this than post-movie SB anyday).

TommyPickles
Admin
Admin

https://thereptarwagon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Wed May 01, 2013 4:50 pm

TommyPickles wrote:I think this show would have been better, had it NOT been the RR characters. As a standalone show, it is decent(but I do think that it got slightly mildly mean-spirited in later seasons. Not to the extent of SpongeBob, but let's just say: I am not too fond of when Tommy told someone to go and jump off of a cliff. Even his AGU personna, it's out of character. Still, I'd rather watch this than post-movie SB anyday).

Of course... hormones. Razz I don't think it's terrible, but I don't mind it being written out of the canon.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Sat May 04, 2013 11:49 am

TommyPickles wrote:I think this show would have been better, had it NOT been the RR characters. As a standalone show, it is decent(but I do think that it got slightly mildly mean-spirited in later seasons. Not to the extent of SpongeBob, but let's just say: I am not too fond of when Tommy told someone to go and jump off of a cliff. Even his AGU personna, it's out of character. Still, I'd rather watch this than post-movie SB anyday).

I agree with that. I sometimes would watch it and wonder why the characters seemed so mean. Even hormones don't make someone THAT mean spirited. Suspect
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Sun May 05, 2013 1:06 am

Klotzilla wrote:

I agree with that. I sometimes would watch it and wonder why the characters seemed so mean. Even hormones don't make someone THAT mean spirited. Suspect

I never felt that way... maybe I need to watch some of the later episodes again. O.o
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

All Grown Up...What Went Wrong? Empty Re: All Grown Up... What Went Wrong

Post  IsaiahMarker Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:18 pm

I actually liked the show. It was as good as Rugrats... in my opinion.

IsaiahMarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum