The Reptar Wagon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Partners
Daily Poll

SpongeBob Meets the Strangler/Pranks a Lot- S3/EP60

5 posters

Go down

SpongeBob Meets the Strangler/Pranks a Lot- S3/EP60 Empty SpongeBob Meets the Strangler/Pranks a Lot- S3/EP60

Post  Rocko Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 am

S3-60a
SpongeBob Meets the Strangler is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season three. In this episode, A criminal attempts to get revenge on SpongeBob.

S3-60b
Pranks a Lot is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season three. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick use invisibility spray to play pranks.

Season: Three

Airdate: October 11, 2004

-----------------------------------------------

Some think it's the last good SpongeBob episode. Some regard it as the best... What do YOU think?! Discuss what you think of this episode here!

-Rocko
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

http://iamreptarhearmeroar.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

SpongeBob Meets the Strangler/Pranks a Lot- S3/EP60 Empty why?

Post  spongebobfantic13 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:56 pm

why all the hate for the post movie episodes? They rock!!

spongebobfantic13

Back to top Go down

SpongeBob Meets the Strangler/Pranks a Lot- S3/EP60 Empty Re: SpongeBob Meets the Strangler/Pranks a Lot- S3/EP60

Post  TommyPickles Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:25 pm

rugratslover91 wrote:why all the hate for the post movie episodes? They rock!!
I personally don't like them due to the character change, mean-spirited humour, repetitive plots and the fact that to me, it feels like a different show than pre-cancellation/pre-movie.

It's an opinion that varies though. I listed this as a retro SB board as I feel like 90s Nick kinda went away in 2005.

TommyPickles
Admin
Admin

https://thereptarwagon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SpongeBob Meets the Strangler/Pranks a Lot- S3/EP60 Empty Re: SpongeBob Meets the Strangler/Pranks a Lot- S3/EP60

Post  Rocko Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:31 pm

TommyPickles wrote:

I personally don't like them due to the character change, mean-spirited humour, repetitive plots and the fact that to me, it feels like a different show than pre-cancellation/pre-movie.

It's an opinion that varies though. I listed this as a retro SB board as I feel like 90s Nick kinda went away in 2005.

Laughing What I dislike is that the characters completely changed. They are nothing like the earlier seasons... plus the stories have become stale, like they are trying anything to get by. The characters are more cruel and it seems they are trying to compete with Family Guy. Plus, some of the post-movie crew is rude.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebobfantic13 Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:23 pm

TommyPickles wrote:

but look at rugrats they got mean-spirited humor... plus fairyodd parents got a new character and the show just fully sucks now because of poof! spongebob is just like the older episodes! lot better than what fairyodd parents is now! SpongeBob SpongeBob SpongeBob SpongeBob

spongebobfantic13

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyPickles Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Again, thoroughly disagreed. How is Rugrats mean-spirited?! FOP isn't as good as it once was, but still better than SpongeBob.

TommyPickles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:17 pm

TommyPickles wrote:Again, thoroughly disagreed. How is Rugrats mean-spirited?! FOP isn't as good as it once was, but still better than SpongeBob.

I agree with Tommy, I think FOP is the best show on Nick right now. At one point, it surpassed SpongeBob in ratings but Nick slacked off the show for some whatever reason? Anyone who thinks Rugrats is mean-spirited NEEDS to watch I Remember Melville... watch that once and that comment won't be made again. Razz I felt when they added the two new characters, it was a sense of character growth. Make the story stronger and whatnot.

-Rocko
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rugratskid4 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:44 pm

I Remember Melville is such a sad one. Between that ans Under Chuckie's Bed, poor chuckie was always sad in Season 3. And I actually still enjoy FOP very much to this day. And the new episodes are o,k, but no where as good as the originals. But, everyone has their own opinion. SpongeBob V.S. Tommy Pickles Kidding Razz
Rugratskid4
Rugratskid4

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Rugratskid4 wrote:I Remember Melville is such a sad one. Between that ans Under Chuckie's Bed, poor chuckie was always sad in Season 3. And I actually still enjoy FOP very much to this day. And the new episodes are o,k, but no where as good as the originals. But, everyone has their own opinion. SpongeBob V.S. Tommy Pickles Kidding Razz

FOP is better than most, but it just doesn't hold that touch of the first couple seasons. I feel that it has bad canon issues. Channel Chasers and Timmy's Secret Wish? Ruined the canon. The two live-action movies? Ruined the touching part of the show and the touching part of Channel Chasers.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SpongeBob Meets the Strangler/Pranks a Lot- S3/EP60 Empty FOP IS BARELY WATCHABLE.

Post  Rugratskid4 Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:10 pm

It's still watchable, but barely.
Rugratskid4
Rugratskid4

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Aaaanywayyyy....

I actually don't particularly like this episode. I'm not entirely sure I understand why people like it either.

The Strangler segment was decent, but Pranks a Lot was just...ick...
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Klotzilla wrote:Aaaanywayyyy....

I actually don't particularly like this episode. I'm not entirely sure I understand why people like it either.

The Strangler segment was decent, but Pranks a Lot was just...ick...

I honestly feel that way about One Krab's Trash. I don't think One Krab's Trash is a very good episode.

I like Pranks-A-Lot, but it's not my favorite. My favorite would probably be Sandy's Rocket. PAL is overrated though, but I like it, it's good enough for a final episode.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 am

I've never been a huge huge fan of Spongeboob to begin with, so maybe that's why. I dunno. I thought the episode was just kind of annoying. To be honest I don't think I could name a favorite episode. I don't think I even have one...
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:58 am

Klotzilla wrote:I've never been a huge huge fan of Spongeboob to begin with, so maybe that's why. I dunno. I thought the episode was just kind of annoying. To be honest I don't think I could name a favorite episode. I don't think I even have one...

Oh really? I used to be a big fan of SpongeBob back in the day, but just lost love for it as time went on. There are better shows out there, like Doug, for example.
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Klotzilla Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:44 am

I will admit, I did use to watch Spongebob and I did enjoy it, but not nearly as much as other Nick shows. There's no denying it has gone down in quality. It's one of those shows that has been on for so long that its like, what else can they do for an episode? And things start to get stale
Klotzilla
Klotzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:33 am

Klotzilla wrote:I will admit, I did use to watch Spongebob and I did enjoy it, but not nearly as much as other Nick shows. There's no denying it has gone down in quality. It's one of those shows that has been on for so long that its like, what else can they do for an episode? And things start to get stale

Basically it's still on for the money. The ratings are declining. The big problem with SpongeBob now is Paul Tibbitt, Vincent Waller, and most of the writers. Stephen Hillenburg AND Derek Drymon left, which led to the show jumping the shark. The characters just don't seem normal. It's not the characters I remember, growing up. It's sad for me, but least I still have the first three seasons to watch.

Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyPickles Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:58 pm

That's true. I watch the original seasons and they feel like a completely different show!

TommyPickles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocko Wed May 01, 2013 4:52 pm

TommyPickles wrote:That's true. I watch the original seasons and they feel like a completely different show!

If Derek Drymon took over and didn't hire Vincent Waller for anything, it would probably still be a good show. Derek Drymon does a good job on the comics. I wish he was working on the movie...
Rocko
Rocko
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down